Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Perseverance

Perseverance is a theme of my life lately. Although God gives me inspiration for a plot, sometimes the details of "the story" don't come easily. As a songwriter, I've learned not to force creativity and ideas. When I do, the results end up in the trash icon on my desktop. Sometimes, it is a struggle getting the creative juices to flow. Sometimes, I struggle in the pursuit of a God-given vision.

There is value in struggle. There is joy to be discovered in hardship. Natural childbirth taught me this lesson. When there was a lull and my body grew weary, I had to focus on the little joy that I would hold when the labor was over. The joy in my hardship was realizing that Jesus was always with me. That truth helped me to persevere.


For the joy set before Him, Jesus endured the Cross. Jesus did it alone. Wow. I imagine that the joy set before Him helped Him persevere. We were the joy set before Him! (Heb 12:2)

In the Epilogue of my book, the plan of redemption is introduced. Due to the angelic rebellion, the Godhead discovered the pain of loss. One-third of angels were eternally damned. In the Garden of Gethsemane, He knew that the ramifications of giving up meant the eternal loss of more created beings. He persevered.

Perseverance means victory will ultimately occur. You will make it. Keep climbing. Keep pursuing. Keep waiting. He is with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment