Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Advent Reverie

I don't know about you, but this time of year I often begin to reflect on the amazing event of Christ's birth. As we contemplate this moment in His-story, we cannot help but to embrace a posture of worship. Such love. Such desire to restore a lost creation.That is magnificent love.


Long ago,
the night sky that stares at me
was a canopy of glory.

As I look at the twinkling stars;
cock my head towards the bark of a neighboring dog;
pull my scarf closer to my neck,
I imagine
an onager--pereh bleating
as a star shines upon a woman placing her scarf
around her newborn son.

The same stars I see
are the same stars that saw
their Maker burst from the womb of Man.

O heroic maiden
that declared and confirmed
the mercy of God to all generations.

O blessed Baby--the long awaited King,
who humbled Himself to save lost humanity.

And here I stand, more than two thousand years later,
same night sky, same sparkling stars,
caught up in reverie at the birth of my King.


No comments:

Post a Comment